Advantages of Multi Ply Engineered Wood Flooring
1. The stability of the multi ply engineered wood flooring is better because its arrangement is criss-crossed. This arrangement creates good stability, so don’t worry too much about the moisture deformation of this type of floor. It is a very stable floor.
2. The price of multi ply engineered wood flooring is more affordable. This is because this flooring conforms to the floor and usually does not need to use a large amount of large solid wood materials, and the solid wood material is fully utilized, so its price is much cheaper than solid wood flooring.
3. Multi ply engineered wood flooring is easy to handle: the surface of the floor is well treated, the wear resistance is very high, and it does not need to spend too much energy to maintain. Good multi ply engineered wood flooring on the market can be waxed within 3 years, and it can keep the lacquer brilliance as new.
4. Multi ply engineered wood flooring has three layers, five layers and multiple layers. No matter how many layers, the basic feature is that the fibers of each layer are criss-crossed. This not only offsets the internal stress of the wood, but also changes the unidirectional homogeneity of the wood, making the floor become isotropic and very stable.
5. There is also a big advantage of multi ply engineered wood flooring, which has high processing precision. The process requirements of the surface layer, core layer and bottom layer are higher than other wood floors, so the structure is stable and the installation effect is good.
Disadvantages of Multi Ply Engineered Wood Flooring
1. The wear resistance is not so good. Because the surface is wood veneer, like the solid wood floor, the wear resistance is definitely not as high as that of the laminate flooring.
2. There are three layers parquet on the market, five layers and multiple layers. They are made of some medium-density fiber boards and are made of viscose to form different layers. The quality of the glue used is unreliable and the inherent quality is indistinguishable. As a result, their environmental performance is poor.
Does Multi Ply Engineered Wood Flooring Installation Needs Keel?
The installation of multi ply engineered wood flooring does not require a keel. Of course, there are certain advantages to install the keel. The feeling of the foot will be better, but there are certain disadvantages. After a long using time, the floor surface will be uneven and there will be noise under the flooring.