After the installation of the flooring, due to the lack of maintenance knowledge, the flooring’s life is greatly shortened, and is also caused by the inadvertent maintenance. Here are some tricks on how to take care of your flooring.
1. After Installation
After the flooring is installed, wait for 48 hours. At this time, do not rush to open the window to ventilate or use air conditioning to blow, otherwise it will make the floor dry and fragile, so that the floor has a time to adapt to the indoor temperature and humidity. The newly laid flooring should be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or broom to keep the flooring dry. When cleaning, use a tamped cotton mop to mop the floor. Remember, Do not use a damp cloth.
When moving into the furniture, you can put some paper boxes or other coverings on the floor first. When moving, it is mainly to lift, and it is forbidden to drag directly to avoid scratching the floor.
2. Before Check In
In the months before check-in, the flooring should be ventilated and protected from excessive exposure.
If there are no curtains or areas where the sun is directly exposed to the flooring, the visor should be covered with breathable cardboard or breathable floor mats to avoid partial discoloration of the floor due to long-term exposure and affect the appearance.
In dry climates and seasons, try to keep the flooring as moist as possible. Use a semi-dry mop to moisturize.
In humid climates and seasons, wet mops should be avoided to mop the flooring. Vacuum cleaners can be used to open dehumidification systems such as air conditioners.
3. Daily Maintenance
Always keep the flooring dry and clean. Do not rinse with plenty of water. Take care to avoid long-term flooding of the floor. If the floor has oil stains and stains, it should be cleaned in time. It can be treated with neutral detergent and warm water. It is best to use special flooring cleaning protection liquid for cleaning. Do not touch the surface of the floor with corrosive liquids such as alkaline water or soapy water, and do not use flammable materials such as gasoline and other high-temperature liquids to wipe the floor.
- If the laminate flooring is covered with chocolate, grease, juice, or beverage, just wipe it with warm water and a mild detergent.
- If it is contaminated by lipstick, crayons or ink, wipe it gently with methanol or acetone.
- If you accidentally stick the wax or chewing gum on the floor, use ice cubes on the soiled flooring for a while, freeze and shrink, then gently scrape it up, use a damp cloth or a cloth to apply a proper amount. Wipe the floor cleaner.
- Never use a strong acid-base liquid to clean the composite wood flooring.
- Try not to mop the floor with a mop that is completely wet and screwed out.
- Keep the windows closed during the rainy season to prevent the rain from wetting the floor.
- Do not soak the floor with water. If there is an accident, dry the floor with a dry mop.
- Prevent overflow of balcony, bathroom, kitchen, etc. Please close the faucet when going out for travel or water stop; especially if it is not in contact with hot water. Therefore, do not vent the hot water in the heating pipe to the floor.
- You can’t use a sharp tool to scrape and draw the flooring surface.
- Avoid sanding, waxing or painting on the flooring.
- Gravel, dust, hard-soled shoes, metal sharps, glass tiles and furniture can cause serious damage to the laminate flooring. Therefore, under normal circumstances, we can place foot pads at the door, put on flat slippers and then enter the room, which can reduce the erosion of sand on the flooring.